Access 153 pages of analysis, with 133 tables and figures for instant reference on key mobile messaging research and data
Mobile Messaging Report
The mobile industry forecasts there will be 5.6 billion smartphone users by 2019, creating an enormous market for mobile messaging apps.
“Our goal is to be on every smartphone. Every single one of them.”
Jan Koum, Co-founder, WhatsApp
We accept PayPal and major credit and debit cards
Report PDFs are emailed to buyers within 24 hours of purchase.
To order and pay by bank transfer, please contact email@example.com
Table Of Contents
EXECUTIVE SUMMARY: THE GLOBAL BOOM IN MOBILE MESSAGING APPS
1. KEY DRIVERS FOR EXPLOSIVE GROWTH
2. SWOT ANALYSIS – THE MAJOR PLAYERS IN GLOBAL MESSAGING
3. GLOBAL RANKINGS OF MAJOR MESSAGING APPS
4. PRIMARY NATIONAL MARKETS
5. STRATEGIES FOR INTERNATIONAL EXPANSION
6. GLOBAL COMPETITION
7. MESSAGING APPS vs SOCIAL NETWORKS
8. BUSINESS MODELS FOR MONETIZING APPS AND USERS
9. VALUING MOBILE MESSAGING COMPANIES
11. OPPORTUNITIES FOR BRAND MARKETING AND CONTENT SALES
12. CHALLENGES TO BUSINESS MODELS AND EXPANSION
13. IN-DEPTH COMPANY PROFILES: MAJOR MOBILE MESSAGING APPS
14. APPENDIX: STARTUPS IN BRIEF – NEW AND INNOVATIVE APPS
About The Report
Futurescape’s Mobile Messaging report provides in-depth analysis of companies, strategies and markets
Smartphone owners worldwide are rapidly taking up an innovative form of mobile communications and social networking: mobile messaging apps.
Hundreds of millions are downloading the apps – from KakaoTalk, Line, WeChat, WhatsApp and others – to access free chat messaging, voice and video communications, mobile entertainment and commerce.
This presents a huge opportunity to create international digital businesses. And a major threat to Facebook and Twitter.
The companies behind the apps have global ambitions
- Line, from Japan, is targeting half a billion users this year
- WeChat is spending $200 million per year on international marketing to become China’s first worldwide tech brand
- Facebook’s WhatsApp processes 50 billion messages per day
- South Korea’s KakaoTalk is installed on 93% of the country’s smartphones
Comprehensive analysis of the fast-moving mobile messaging market
- Understand the mobile messaging business and the leading companies
- How they are creating next-generation mobile social networks
- Their global battle to reach every one of 5.6 billion smartphones worldwide by 2019
- Competing business models, major markets and strategies for international expansion
- The impact on mobile games, entertainment content and online-to-offline (O2O) commerce
- Opportunities for mobile brand marketing
- Facebook’s and Twitter’s strategies to fight the threat posed by messaging apps
Company profiles cover
- Overview of the messaging app and its innovative features
- Funding and business model
- Company timeline
- Major markets, user numbers and growth
- Partnerships and third-party services
- Advertising services
Who is this report for?
For professionals in market intelligence, investment analysis, digital research and production, business strategy, corporate development, Social TV, social media, advertising and planning, marketing and sales.
Report details: 153 pages of analysis, with 133 tables and figures for instant reference on key mobile messaging research and data, together with in-depth company profiles and SWOT comparisons of messaging companies, including KakaoTalk, Kik, Laiwang, Line, Nimbuzz, Tango, Viber, WeChat, WhatsApp.
Futurescape report buyers include: