Franco-German arts broadcaster Arte is running an intriguing experiment on the practical applications of chatbots for television, with a prototype bot which gives viewers programme recommendations.
In June, Arte ran a virtual hackathon in conjunction with Microsoft, inviting ideas for integrating bots with television.
From 150 initial entrants, a bot from Paris-based developers Moshi Moshi was the eventual winner, with its capabilities to:
- Talk to a viewer in French or German and reply in the same language
- Learn their tastes and habits
- Recommend programmes and provide additional information
Read more on the opportunities and risks of using bots for TV, by Arte’s Head of Digital Marketing, Valentin Duboc:
For TV, digital and advertising professionals
Futurescape’s comprehensive The Snapchat Report provides key analysis and essential data for creating winning strategies and innovative content in mobile TV.
TV for the mobile-first generation
The first critical and independent appraisal of how international television broadcasters are innovating original TV content and formats on mobile, partnering with Snapchat.
The Snapchat Report covers:
- Developing new creative and commercial opportunities
- TV content and business strategies for mobile
- Competitive advantage from leading innovation
- Original shows and formats on Snapchat
Access in-depth analysis, broadcasters’ strategies, Snapchat TV shows and new formats, advertising opportunities and key data: 133 pages, 29 tables and charts.