Snapchat is successfully pioneering the integration of media and social in a mobile platform
Forward-thinking media owners are using it to seize crucial opportunities in shaping the future of media:
- Developing original content which is mobile-native
- Reaching and understanding the new generation of mobile-first viewers
MTV is committed to making original shows for Snapchat. Other broadcasters are similarly producing a wide range of new content formats.
At the same time, many traditional media companies are successfully innovating on Snapchat and National Geographic has confirmed that “Snapchat is now one of our key revenue drivers on social media.”
Yet developing an effective Snapchat strategy which combines media and mobile demands the agility to quickly make risky decisions in a rapidly transforming business and creative environment.
This raises major issues in researching, conceptualizing, planning and implementing Snapchat media projects:
- Managing the relationship with Snapchat
- Creating new mobile-native content and formats
- Understanding Snapchat’s mobile-social advertising products
- Hiring or reassigning editorial staff and funding other production resources
- Understanding Snapchat users
All these challenges require information which is up-to-date, in-depth and conveniently organised.
Futurescape’s report Snap TV provides key analysis and data to inform effective decision-making, planning and development.
Read our research report to gain essential insights on this pioneering company and for managing Snapchat media projects effectively:
- How Snapchat is developing – the company’s background, progress and partnerships
- Snapchat’s content opportunities and challenges
- What kinds of original content Snapchat partners are conceptualizing and producing
- Editorial resourcing and production schedules
- The innovative advertising products which are sold alongside the content
- Key data on Snapchat users
See the full picture on the opportunities and challenges for media on Snapchat in Futurescape’s new report.
The first critical and independent appraisal of how international television broadcasters are innovating original TV content and formats on mobile, partnering with Snapchat.
The Snap TV report covers:
- Developing new creative and commercial opportunities
- Emerging TV content and business strategies for mobile
- Competitive advantage from leading innovation
- Mobile TV: Snapchat television pioneers
Access in-depth analysis, broadcasters’ strategies, mobile TV shows and new formats, advertising opportunities and key data: 129 pages, 29 tables and charts.