Franco-German arts broadcaster Arte is running an intriguing experiment on the practical applications of chatbots for television, with a prototype bot which gives viewers programme recommendations.
In June, Arte ran a virtual hackathon in conjunction with Microsoft, inviting ideas for integrating bots with television.
From 150 initial entrants, a bot from Paris-based developers Moshi Moshi was the eventual winner, with its capabilities to:
- Talk to a viewer in French or German and reply in the same language
- Learn their tastes and habits
- Recommend programmes and provide additional information
Read more on the opportunities and risks of using bots for TV, by Arte’s Head of Digital Marketing, Valentin Duboc:
Developing a Snapchat content and marketing strategy for TV?
See how major broadcasters seize key opportunities with Futurescape’s latest report.
This report is the first critical appraisal of how major television broadcasters are innovating original Social TV content and formats, partnering with Snapchat.
- New creative and commercial opportunities
- Emerging Social TV strategies
- Competitive advantage from innovation
- Television’s pioneers in the new Social TV
Access in-depth analysis, broadcaster strategies, full Snapchat timeline, key data: 110 pages, 27 tables and charts.