Franco-German arts broadcaster Arte is running an intriguing experiment on the practical applications of chatbots for television, with a prototype bot which gives viewers programme recommendations.
In June, Arte ran a virtual hackathon in conjunction with Microsoft, inviting ideas for integrating bots with television.
From 150 initial entrants, a bot from Paris-based developers Moshi Moshi was the eventual winner, with its capabilities to:
- Talk to a viewer in French or German and reply in the same language
- Learn their tastes and habits
- Recommend programmes and provide additional information
Read more on the opportunities and risks of using bots for TV, by Arte’s Head of Digital Marketing, Valentin Duboc:
For media and advertising executives
Futurescape’s comprehensive Snap TV report provides key analysis and essential data for creating winning strategies and innovative content in mobile TV.
The first critical and independent appraisal of how international television broadcasters are innovating original TV content and formats on mobile, partnering with Snapchat.
The Snap TV report covers:
- Developing new creative and commercial opportunities
- Emerging TV content and business strategies for mobile
- Competitive advantage from leading innovation
- Mobile TV: Snapchat television pioneers
Access in-depth analysis, broadcasters’ strategies, mobile TV shows and new formats, advertising opportunities and key data: 129 pages, 29 tables and charts.